Serving Family Law Clients in San Bernardino
Get In Touch Today 909.315.4588

What Does Court Order Enforcement Do?

If you have an active court order for child custody or spousal or child support, it is important to know what your options are for enforcement. Court order enforcement can be a tricky process, and it is best to seek the help of an experienced family law attorney. In this blog post, we will discuss the different actions that can be taken to enforce your orders and what you should do if you believe one of your orders is being violated.

Methods of Court Order Enforcement

There are a few different ways that court orders can be enforced. One way is by seeking a contempt order from the court. This is a formal way of asking the court to enforce your order and can result in fines or even jail time for the person who is violating the order.

Another way to enforce an order is by having the sheriff's department serve the order to the person who is violating it. This will ensure that they are aware of the order and that they are complying with it.

If you wish to go a less aggressive route, you can request that your attorney write a letter to the individual violating your custody or support order. This can often be enough to prompt them to follow the order.

What to Do If Your Order is Violated

If you believe that your court order is being violated, it is important to gather evidence and document any instances of non-compliance. This can include keeping records of missed child support payments or documenting times when custody rights were not honored.

Having an experienced family law attorney on your side can help you navigate the process of enforcing your court order. They can also advise you on the best course of action for your specific situation. Don't hesitate to reach out for assistance with enforcing your court orders.

Giving You the Upper Hand During this Difficult Time

If you believe that one of your orders is being violated, it is important to take action right away. An experienced family law attorney can help you navigate the enforcement process and can help you get the results you want. At Law Office of Michael R. Young, our attorneys can help you seek compliance with your active custody or support orders.

Schedule a consultation with a member of our team today by calling us at (909) 315-4588. We are waiting for your call!