Serving Family Law Clients in San Bernardino
Get In Touch Today 909.315.4588

When Should I Consider Modifying My Child’s Custody Arrangement?

When it comes to custody arrangements, the primary goal should be to provide the best possible environment for your child. However, life changes, and sometimes, the original custody arrangement may no longer be best for your child. In such cases, it is essential to consider modifying your child's custody arrangement.

When to Consider Modifying Your Child's Custody Arrangement

It is important to note that custody arrangements are not set in stone. If you feel your child's current arrangement is no longer working, consider modifying it. Here are some of the scenarios where changing your child's custody arrangement may be beneficial:

  • If your child's current custodial parent cannot provide the care and attention your child needs due to work or other obligations.
  • If the custodial parent cannot deliver your child in a safe and healthy environment.
  • If the custodial parent is moving away, it is difficult for your child to maintain a healthy relationship with the other parent.
  • If the custodial parent is exhibiting abusive or neglectful behavior.
  • If your child's current arrangement is no longer in their best interests.

How to Modify Your Child's Custody Arrangement

If you believe your child's current custody arrangement is no longer in their best interests, modifying it would be a better option. The first step is to speak to the other parent and see if they are open to changing the arrangement. If they are not, you may need to seek legal advice. In most cases, you must file a motion to modify the custody arrangement with the court. This motion must be filed with the court in your child's county. The court will review the motion and decide whether or not to modify the existing arrangement.

San Bernardino Child Custody Lawyers

Modifying a child custody arrangement is a complex legal process. It is important to seek legal advice from a qualified family lawyer to protect your rights and those of your child. Scorpion Legacy has extensive experience in family law and can help you modify your child's custody arrangement. Contact us today at ">">(555) 555-5555

to get started.